* Age 9: Bugged my house, Mothers Beauty Shop & Restroom of a service station being built next door. * Age 10: designed & built a working elevator, went up 12 ft to my tree house platform. None of my Engr.
students (in 28 yrs) or anyone they knew ever figured out how I did it. * Age 11: Designed an electro-magnetic accelleration device that could shoot needles across a room. * Age 14-18: Won my Hi-School Sci Fair 5 yrs in a row (8-12th). Won Best Overall my last 3 years! * Age 16-18: All-State Band (3 yrs). Qualified 1st Chair on Trumpet & Clarirnet. Got College Scholarship. * Age 17: Won Sci Fair with my "Detectoscope" a listening device, similar to those later used at NFL games. * Served in USAF. used 'GI bill' & TI's Summer Development Program to get Engineering degree at SMU. * Was top of my class in 53 week Air Force Electronics school and got the best possible Base assignment:
. the 745th AC&W Squadron in Duncanville,TEXAS. I got married, went to SMU & it changed my life forever. * AirForce Honorable Discharge 1963. Hired by Texas Instruments & worked on 'Shrike Missile' guidence sys., . had a Top Secret Security Clearance for 12 yrs, worked on top secret projects that I still can't talk about. * 1964 designed 'Musical Lights Stereo Demo. System' visually showed how stereo.worked. Had two frames . . with 30 bars of light using colors to represent three freq. bands in each channel - (Bass, MidRange, Treble). . This system was used in Clubs all over the world and I still have the original prototype in my Dallas home. * 1963-67 Hired by Texas Instrumenta & became a non-degreed Engineer. TI put me in their 'Summer Dev. . . . ment program' & paid my SMU tuition. They also guaranteed me a job each summer and when I graduated.
It was to work on the Bubble Memory system of a $25 million Air Traffic control Super Computer.
* For 28 yrs taught "Adv. Engineering Skills", "Creative Problem Solving" (my specialty) & "How Things Work". * My classes were designed to inspire and motivate students to become the best they could possibly be.
* I taught Engineering classes at Private Schools & HomeSchool Co-OP's in Dallas, Richardson and Plano. * 1972-73 Texas Instruments Dallas, Designed the brain chip for the original hand held TI Calculator, and . . . . also wrote the operators manual explaining how to use it to do advanced mathmatical calculations.
* Took 5 yrs converting my Highland Park home into a two story with a large two story 3 car garage with a 10' . wide bridge from house to deck and workshop. Shop had two sets of stairs & a 3rd floor loft storage area.
* My Original Product Designs inc: Color ink printing analizer for graphics arts company, 'Musical Lights' Color . display sys used in night clubs, Original Hand Held Calculator, "Wide-angle 3D" w/o special glasses or 3D . . Screen required, invented "Musical Drum Sticks" & built the 172 fastest gaming computer in US - it's 9.5"W . . x 9"H x 16.5" L - rated by Heaven Score Sys, it's liquid cooled, has i7 6700K overclocked intel chip, DUAL . .. 500MB SSHD's, runs at 68 degree case temp, 10w Stereo Audio System built-in with 10W speakers. * Was Science-Fair Judge for several years plus one year at 'Future City' competition held at UTA, Arlington. * Designed projects and kits specifically designed to teach creative engineering skills and to develop or hone . . . their abilities to apply my Essential Skills elements of design & problem solving system I was working on. * Built and drove modified sports car to series championship. Won 'Most Popular car' award at the '91 Fort . . . . Worth Autorama first time showed, held hill climb record at Austin Travis Dam for 2 years. Only lost 3 races . in 5 yrs, all due to DNF. Car was a '58 Bugeye Sprite w a 225HP volvo engine & 50/50 wt distribution. * Was Assistant SM and Eagle Coordinator at Troop 35, Highland Park, 18 yrs. plus co-started BSA Troop 125 . . at Northwest Bible Church, Dallas, (directly/indirectly) helped over 400 Scouts EARN the Eagle Scout Rank. . . Was on Circle 10 Health & Safety Com. & Boy Scouts highest level of Adult Training, 1991 WoodBadge 45, . . in Antelope Patrol . Earned the Paul Bunyon axemanship award. I cleared a 1 mile hiking trail in the forest.
* Can't discuss any Top Secret or "special" projects / products that I may/maynot have been involved with.